ARTIST & EDUCATOR
Learn the fundamentals of drawing anything realistically by following a step-by-step approach. I'll show you how to make drawing easier and how to remove needless worry and distraction.
- Be able to create a better representational drawing from 2-D reference
- Better understand traditional drawing concepts (contour, gesture, value etc)
- Build more confidence in your approach
- Have a better appreciation and enjoyment of the drawing process
- Be able to measure for accuracy
- Become familiar with compressed charcoal
- Build community online
6-week courses include:
- x6 3hr classes (18hrs of instruction)
- 1 hour Full Drawing Demo start to finish (see first-hand how I use the steps that I teach)
- My demos will be recorded and provided to you for future playback anytime!
- Zoom Break-Out Rooms (Larger zoom meeting is split into smaller, discreet rooms for personal one-on-one feedback with me)
What you'll need:
- stable internet connection
- camera (mobile or external/webcam)
- microphone (from mobile, pc or external)
Supplies (not included)
I go for cheap, simple and plentiful:
- newsprint or cartridge
drawing pad (ideally 14x17 to 16x20)
- pencils (HB)
- compressed charcoal
- eraser (white and or soft)
- masking tape
Processed through paypal
I work from my home in Edmonton, AB, Canada and graduated from the Alberta University of the Arts in 2002 with a Bachelors of Fine Arts degree.
I'm currently represented by Galerie St.Laurent + Hill in Ottawa, Ont. My work has also been placed in the Alberta Foundation for the Arts permanent collection.
For over 7 years I've taught as an educator for the Art Gallery of Alberta where I've worked with school groups, facilitating gallery tours and studio projects. I continue to teach drawing and portrait drawing for adults as well at City Arts Centre and Metro Continuing Education in Edmonton. I'm now focusing my education goals primarily on online teaching.
Tel: 780 566 0206