ARTIST & EDUCATOR
Learn the fundamentals of drawing anything realistically by following a step-by-step approach. I'll show you how to make drawing easier and how to remove needless worry and distraction.
- Be able to create a better representational drawing from 2-D reference
- Better understand traditional drawing concepts (contour, gesture, value etc)
- Build more confidence in your approach
- Have a better appreciation and enjoyment of the drawing process
- Be able to measure for accuracy
- Become familiar with compressed charcoal
- Build community online
6-week courses include:
- x6 3hr classes (18hrs of instruction)
- 1 hour Full Drawing Demo start to finish (see first-hand how I use the steps that I teach)
- My demos will be recorded and provided to you for future playback anytime!
- Zoom Break-Out Rooms (Larger zoom meeting is split into smaller, discreet rooms for personal one-on-one feedback with me)
What you'll need:
- stable internet connection
- camera (mobile or external/webcam)
- microphone (from mobile, pc or external)
Supplies (not included)
I go for cheap, simple and plentiful:
- newsprint or cartridge
drawing pad (ideally 14x17 to 16x20)
- pencils (HB)
- compressed charcoal
- eraser (white and or soft)
- masking tape
Processed through paypal
I work from my home in Edmonton, AB, Canada and graduated from the Alberta University of the Arts in 2002 with a Bachelors of Fine Arts degree.
I'm currently represented by Galerie St.Laurent + Hill in Ottawa, Ont. My work has also been placed in the Alberta Foundation for the Arts permanent collection.
For over 8 years I taught as an educator for the Art Gallery of Alberta where I worked with school groups, facilitating gallery tours and studio projects. I continue to teach drawing and portrait drawing for adults as well at City Arts Centre and Metro Continuing Education in Edmonton.
Tel: 780 566 0206